Welcome to Myeongdong folks,
Myeongdong has become one of the famous shopping spot both for local tourists and foreign visitors from all around the world. It offers large shopping complex and entertainment in Seoul.
~ SHOPPING PARADISE
Myeongdong is well-known as shopping paradise by compulsive shoppers. It provides various types of stores and shopping mall, from discounted items to designer products, the branded one. Myeongdong also offers different type of products for kids, youngsters, young adults and old people. They sell fashion (including dresses, shirts, t-shirts, skirts, pants, trousers, hats, bags, socks and shoes). For people who like to do make up and skin care regimen, they can find stores with famous Korean cosmetics brands, like: The faceshop, Tonymoly, Laneige, Etude house, Nature republic, Innisfree, Skinfood, Holika-holika, Missha, Peri-pera and a lot of other brands sold in Myeongdong. The size of the cosmetics shops is larger with more choices of products and prices are also twice cheaper compared to another Asian Countries.
Besides that, you can find the branded clothing stores; Zara, GAP, Forever21, Esprit, Elle, Mango, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, PUMA, Reeboks, Converse, and many more. Also, many foreign visitors, especially from Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, China and Indonesia who love K-pop come to Seoul to shop for original K-pop items like CD’s, posters, organizers, calendars, magazines, souvenirs, phone cases, etc. Everything you want want, Myeongdong has it all! It’s a paradise for K-pop lovers! Do not miss to visit Myeongdong’s hot shopping malls, like: Migliore, Lotte Department Store, Noon Square, and M Plaza, too!
~ STREET FOOD AND BAZAAR
All the stores and shopping complex in Myeongdong start their business at 10 am to 10 pm. Usually, all the visitors are already here at 10 am because they do not want to miss their breakfast in Myeongdong. A lot of street foods sold in Myeongdong, one of the famous dish is still Korean Food, like Kimchi (fermented Korean cabbage), Bibimbap (mixed rice), Bungeoppang (Fish-shaped pastry), Pajeon (Korean pancake), Mandu (Korean dumpling), Hotteok (Korean Pancake), Gimbap/ kimbab (Korean sushi), Sundae (blood sausage), Twigim (fried snacks), Odeng (fish cakes), Dakkochi (korean skewer chicken), tteokbokki (spicy sticky rice),Bindaetteok (mungbean pancakes), Bundegi (boiled silkworm larvae), Ojingeo gui (grilled squid), Muneodarigui (grilled octopus leg), jwipo (smoked cuttlefish) and many many more. Hungry… hungry…
You should check Myeongdong out in the evening, started from 6pm to 7pm to visit their street bazaar, they are selling very cheap stuffs, like clothing, shoes, food and beverages.
TRAIN TO MYEONGDONG STATION FROM INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SEOUL
For local tourist and foreign visitors who plan to visit Seoul, make sure that you stay somewhere around Subway Train Station. It will be very convenient for you to go around the city. Because Myeongdong is located very close to Myeongdong Train Station.
Train Ticket Price:
– The one way ticket from Incheon Airport to AREX Seoul Station is KRW14,300 (US$13.50)
– From Seoul Station to Myeong-dong Station, the Subway ticket price is KRW1,150 (US$0.99)
Express Non-stop Train from Incheon International Airport Station to Myeongdong Train Station (This route will take up to 1 hour and 15 minutes):
1. Take the Airport Railway Express (AREX) train from Incheon International Airport Station to Seoul Station,
2. At Seoul Station, change to LINE 4 of Seoul Metropolitan Subway to get to Myeong-dong, which is only 2 stations away from Seoul Station,
3. Get off at Myeong-dong station.
Note: Myeongdong Station has 10 exits, depends on where you want to go.
~ MONEY CHANGER IN MYEONGDONG
In Myeongdong, there are plentiful of money changers around the street that provide currency exchange services. The business starts at 10 am to 10 pm. They are willing to accept different kind of foreign currencies, like China RMB, USD, Euro, Japanese Yuan, Malaysia Ringgit, Indonesia Rupiah and many more. Here in Myeongdong, the money changer businesses are very competitive, at the end you can get the best exchange rates in Seoul.
~ HOTEL IN MYEONGDONG
Here are the most popular hotels that are less than 30 meters from the exits of Myeongdong Subway Station:
1. Nine Tree Hotel, Myeongdong (30 meters from EXIT 8 of Myeongdong Subway Station);
2. Sejong Hotel (right in front of EXIT 8 of Myeongdong Subway Station);
3. Prince Hotel (right in front of EXIT 2 of Myeongdong Subway Station ).
Some reasons to keep in mind why you should stay at hotels in Myeongdong:
– it is a strategic area and easy access to Myeongdong Subway Station,
– it is very close to most of shopping complex/ mall, street foods and restaurants,
– direct shuttle bus is available from Incheon International Airport to Myeongdong,
– it is a happening tourist spot in Seoul, you can see different kind of people from around the world here!
***1 Korea Won = 0.00086 USD***
For more places to visit in Seoul, click here.